1. What information might we collect about you?
When you interact with us in the different ways described below, we may ask you for the following information:
- personal and contact details (for example your name, email address, date of birth, gender)
- personal and contact details you give us when subscribing to receive emails, newsletters or marketing information from us;
- your IP address;
- information from social media activity (such as likes, shares and tweets) when you interact with us on social media;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website or service;
- additional information which you provide voluntarily and/or which we may ask from you to better understand you and your interests
We may also collect sensitive Personal Information about you (including details of your physical or mental health, racial or ethnic origin, and/or other sensitive Personal Information that you may choose to provide to us voluntarily from time to time.
2. How, when and why do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information when you enquire/sign up for personal training through us (or otherwise contact us from time to time) by:
- completing the contact us section on our website,
- by directly contacting our business,
- when you speak to one of our coaches by telephone; or
- another agency or organisation passes your details to us.
3. Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in the process and it is in our legitimate interests in the course of operating our business, including:
- responding to your queries;
- providing personal training services and/or information to you;
- hosting and maintaining our websites;
- ensuring network and information security; and/or
- carrying out direct marketing.
However we will only collect, use and handle your Personal Information when:
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with carrying out our business, as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights; and/or
- where you have agreed; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
4. How we use the Personal Information that you provide to us ?
We undertake the following processing of your Personal Information on the legal basis that it is necessary to perform the contract with you and to provide the services we have agreed to provide to you. Where we have not entered into a contract with you, we may also carry out this processing because in that pre-contractual stage where we consider it is necessary in our legitimate business interests in order to deal with requests, enquiries or comments you have made to us.
On-boarding for personal training – if you sign up for personal training through us, we will need further Personal Information from you such as contact details, emergency contact details and some medical information in order to fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations to you.
Marketing – where legally permitted to do so where you have provided us with your contact details and have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes, we may contact you by telephone or by post for marketing purposes relating to our services, our website, and/or to research opinion on proposed business developments. Your agreement to the use of your Personal Information for these purposes is optional (see Marketing Opt-out below) and if you fail to provide your agreement, your use of our personal training services will not be affected.
5. How long do we store Personal Information for?
6. Security and Confidentiality
We employ appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons. Information storage is on secure computers in a secure environment, or in secure, locked storage in the case of hard copy information.
7. Your rights
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time. It is important to us that you are in control of your own information. As a result, we offer the following controls:
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us email@example.com as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing;
- You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
- To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes;
- You may object to our processing as set out above;
- You may withdraw any consent given to processing; or
- Where we are processing your Personal Information automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Information we hold about you be transferred to a third party data controller;
- Where we may undertake automated decision-making we will request your explicit consent if the decision-making is not authorised by law or necessity for the performance of a contract.
- You may also request that we restrict the processing of your data to that to which you have consented or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or the protection of the rights of another person, whilst we verify your data as set out in point 2 above; pending verification of our legitimate grounds as set out in point 4 above; or if the processing is unlawful or no longer necessary, but you wish us to retain your data for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable data protection law.